Arte Latino Now 2023 Exhibition, Performance and Readings
An Arts Competition Celebrating Latino Artists
Sponsored by The Center for Latino Studies at Queens University of Charlotte in partnership with artist Edwin Gil, and Queens’ Department of World Languages and Department of Art, Design and Music, ARTE LATINO NOW seeks to highlight the exciting cultural and artistic contributions of Latinos in the United States.
We invite artists who self-define as Latino/a/x and live and work in the United States to submit an original creative work in their medium of choice.
Artists chosen will be exhibited in 2023 as part of a virtual exhibition, performance and reading.
Categories for consideration include:
Performing Arts (including dance, theater, music)
Deadline for Submissions is November 30, 2022
Process for Submission: No more than one submission per artist is permitted.
- Media Submissions should be no more than 3 minutes in length. Performance pieces such as theater, music, dance and performance art etc. should be submitted digitally and limited to a 3-minute length.
- 2 dimensional and 3 dimensional works should be submitted via photograph.
- Please email your submission to email@example.com Subject line: ARTE LATINO NOW 2023 Submission. Be sure to include contact information: Name of artist, cell number, email and mailing address.
- Include a one paragraph description of your work. Be sure to include as well the date of composition, title, dimensions and media used. Use 12 pt. Times New Roman font.
- Include a one paragraph bio and head shot. Use 12 pt. Times New Roman font
Here is a link to last year's exhibition for your informaton: ARTE LATINO NOW 2022
*Art work: "Overwhelmed" photograph by Donald Sánchez
Sunday, August 21
Monday, August 22
Tuesday, August 23
Wednesday, August 24
Thursday, August 25
Friday, August 26
Saturday, August 27
Sunday, August 28
Monday, August 29
Tuesday, August 30
Wednesday, August 31